PDA

View Full Version : Cat Problems - Airsoft Gun

OcR SiAo
May 10, 2010, 03:53 AM
So to sum up a long story, some bastard whore cat keeps attacking my cat (which has no front claws and is starting to age) on my property. We have runt he cat off many times thrown water on it scared it in many ways and tons of other things and I still come out at night to find it cornering my cat under my driveway in the drainpipe while it taunts him outside.

I'm sick of seeing my cat get harassed/injured all the time.. If driving my car through the woods was an option I'd do it but I cant... so I'm looking into airsoft guns to shoot it with. I need something accurate but affordable.. But it needs to pack a sting.. I don't play airsoft anymore so it doesnt need to be super nicer Itll just be for occasional fun/scaring this car.

I was thinking maybe a sniper rifle? The pros: HIgher FPS than most guns in the price range (packs more sting), from the reviews of one gun I found and liked, it's super accurate, and I wouldn't have to be too close to the cat- to the point he'd see me and run off... Opinions on types/styles and models of guns to look into? Maybe even other options besides airsoft?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2111

Rabbit Lettuce
May 10, 2010, 05:36 AM
you don't need an AEG for something like this, just get a cheap hand pumped rifle

OcR Gimp
May 10, 2010, 08:07 AM
I thought some bastard whore was shooting your cat with an airsoft gun, then I read and was sad :(

Try a supersoaker.

OcR SiAo
May 10, 2010, 12:20 PM
I thought some bastard whore was shooting your cat with an airsoft gun, then I read and was sad :(

Try a supersoaker.

Well my neighbor has shot at my cat with metal bbs before so plastic airsoft bbs doesnt seem too in humane imo.

and rabbit, i might use it later on for airsoft though, i use to play and want to get back into it..

OcR NinjaKitty
May 10, 2010, 02:27 PM
Run out there and kick the bastard. I like cats and all but that one is just being a bully. If your neighbors calls the cops, kindly point out the fact that they shoot at your cat, and you don't want to have to pet any vet bills from their cat beating up yours. There are hundreds of diseases cats can contract from fighting, from the simple cat flu (which never goes away) to feline leukemia (most likely dead within the year if not sooner).

OcR SpeedDemon
May 10, 2010, 02:32 PM
Run out there and kick the bastard.
I'm pretty sure the cat would run away before you had the chance to kick it :/ Airsoft may be the only way to go.

OcR SiAo
May 10, 2010, 04:18 PM
Yea.. I LOVE cats.. and I am not for animal crualty... but my cat has been pretty badly cut up by this cat on NUMEROUS occasions.. we've had to get him more shots and such from the vet.. It's also chased my cat (as I said earlier) into a drain pipe under our driveway and tiger (my cat) had to stay in there afraid of some punk cat (which isnt my neighbors IDK whose it is..) its young and fast and runs anytime I come within 30-40 feet of it.. so airsoft is kind of the only thing I could think of.. and a sniper would be perfect...

OcR SpeedDemon
May 10, 2010, 04:28 PM
Buy a ghillie suit while your at it.

OcR Chicken
May 10, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hmm my uncle used to shoot a dog with a BB gun who would come onto his property and snap at his pets, one time he let me do it. The owner of the dog happened to see me shoot the dog, goes "Did you just shoot my dog!?". My uncle's response you shot the wrong dog! So my advise is make sure the owner isn't around:nah:

OcR Pizza
May 10, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hmm my uncle used to shoot a dog with a BB gun who would come onto his property and snap at his pets, one time he let me do it. The owner of the dog happened to see me shoot the dog, goes "Did you just shoot my dog!?". My uncle's response you shot the wrong dog! So my advise is make sure the owner isn't around:nah:

Haha, you should have said, "Did you just see what your dog was doing?!"

OcR Precision
May 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
If you want to kill it/injure it : Break-Barrel (http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-quest-22.html)

If you want to just scare it/ make it sting a bit (cheaper) : Pistol (http://www.airgundepot.com/tsd-sport-m9-co2-silver-non-blow-back-airsoft-pistol.html) I used to play airsoft quite a bit until I picked up paintball a few years ago. That pistol didn't break on me.

Rabbit Lettuce
May 10, 2010, 07:01 PM
sort of off topic, but i can't see why anyone would switch from airsoft to paintball..

Alex vValour
May 10, 2010, 07:15 PM
sort of off topic, but i can't see why anyone would switch from airsoft to paintball..

because fastball is way more fun the airsoft.

edit to make this not spam I thought I might add this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ebn6soqx1IE/SPdjRLOriGI/AAAAAAAAAhE/6ZuIDh26Ptw/s400/cat+sniper.jpg

Rabbit Lettuce
May 10, 2010, 07:16 PM
airsoft is alot more realistic and accurate though

Alex vValour
May 10, 2010, 07:29 PM
airsoft is alot more realistic and accurate though

true but i find its alot more waiting around then fastball. which is just not my style.

OcR SiAo
May 10, 2010, 07:39 PM
I agree with rabbit.. I started with paintball it was too expensive, speedball was fun and all but too many douchebags and cheaters .. woodsball is not as good as airsoft becuase of paint breaking on twigs when shooting any distance, an the weight/look/sound of the guns too loud too bulky too heavy. airsoft is more realistic and thats why i find it fun.

Now yall didn't spam because the OP commented on it :P

Back to topic.

Precision.. I dont want to kill or injure it haha... 800 fps WTF haha..

OcR Precision
May 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
Precision.. I dont want to kill or injure it haha... 800 fps WTF haha..
Lolol that thing is a beast. That second pistol is pretty reliable though. 300-400fps.

OcR Lateralus
May 10, 2010, 08:24 PM
I hope you get that bastard, Bully's suck.

Woodsball/milsim paintball>airsoft. It's cool to actually feel when you get hit...

Rabbit Lettuce
May 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
It's cool to actually feel when you get hit...

well, at the range where paintballs can hurt, so can BBs.. once you get to the ranges where the BBs no longer hurt, the paintballs would be in the dirt instead of on the person anyway

also, can it really be considered milsim if the paintball gun has a giant bubble sticking out of the side for ammo?

OcR Lateralus
May 10, 2010, 08:37 PM
well, at the range where paintballs can hurt, so can BBs.. once you get to the ranges where the BBs no longer hurt, the paintballs would be in the dirt instead of on the person anyway

also, can it really be considered milsim if the paintball gun has a giant bubble sticking out of the side for ammo?

http://tiberiusarms.com/intro.html

http://www.milsig.ca/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=6c762185a59b5d22ddc166f2d09ab289

Magazine fed, concealed air.

OcR SiAo
May 10, 2010, 08:43 PM
http://tiberiusarms.com/intro.html

http://www.milsig.ca/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=6c762185a59b5d22ddc166f2d09ab289

Magazine fed, concealed air.

I think I can vouch for at least 90% of people I know who play paintball and say that they either have never seen one of those in play, cannot afford one, or didn't know that they existed... Everyone knows airsoft guns are modeled after real guns however. :)

Walk is Rippin
May 10, 2010, 08:48 PM
get a 22 rifle and a wood chipper to get rid of the evidence

OcR Lateralus
May 10, 2010, 08:49 PM
I think I can vouch for at least 90% of people I know who play paintball and say that they either have never seen one of those in play, cannot afford one, or didn't know that they existed... Everyone knows airsoft guns are modeled after real guns however. :)

The more ridiculous the the gun looks the more expensive it usually is. Both Milsig and Tiberius have very affordable guns to counter act the ludicrous ones. Essentially the biggest reason all the new guns cost so much money is the incorporation of new "First Strike" paintballs which are ridiculous sniper rounds.

OcR just iLL
May 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
Two words.

Bear Trap.

OcR ROCKETR
May 10, 2010, 10:04 PM
Two words.

Bear Trap.

XD That sounds like something my grandfather would do. He totally owned a squirrel that was chewing on his door (yes, literally eating a whole threw it...a FREAKING SQUIRREL)...

OcR just iLL
May 10, 2010, 10:07 PM
I have successfully shot a pigeon in mid air with a .22 and used a bow and arrow to kill a flying crow...So, you can cross those two off of the non-lethal possibility list.

OcR SiAo
May 11, 2010, 01:21 AM
I have successfully shot a pigeon in mid air with a .22 and used a bow and arrow to kill a flying crow...So, you can cross those two off of the non-lethal possibility list.

HAHAHA..

Well after over 200 positive reviews for the gun I posted in the OP. I decided to buy it... Right before buying I got smart and looked for a coupon... (I don't order a lot online like all you other cool kids who know to look for coupons) ... So I saved almost $20 which paid for the $2.4 handling + it had free shipping and it paid the difference for an extra mag/scope package compared to just gun and bipod one. Can't wait to get a headshot on this cat.

Hurrikanye
May 11, 2010, 01:39 AM
lol i thought you were recommending a 22 rifle...

i shoot that at my dads all the time and there is no way a cat will live after that :P

OcR Chicken
May 11, 2010, 08:23 AM
lol i thought you were recommending a 22 rifle...

i shoot that at my dads all the time and there is no way a cat will live after that :P
Tis' but a flesh wound

OcR EpicGotRice
May 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
Two words.

Bear Trap.

Bear Mine Land Trap (Bear Trap with Land Mine in the middle.)

How much are those police taze guns/ tazer darts?
If it is fast enough to hit the target.

OcR Doom
May 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
A tazer could definitely kill the cat, especially if it's all ready scared from the initial shot from the darts.

Airsoft is your best bet. It'll hurt like hell and it will work.
Posted via Mobile Device

OcR ROCKETR
May 11, 2010, 01:00 PM
A tazer could definitely kill the cat, especially if it's all ready scared from the initial shot from the darts.

Airsoft is your best bet. It'll hurt like hell and it will work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, the tazer would be too much. Like Shawn said, go for an airsoft gun.

OcR SiAo
May 11, 2010, 01:49 PM
1:04
This cat is gonna get headshot

kzIdBj_7svo

OcR ROCKETR
May 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
Dude...that guy got shot right in the face...

OcR ROWEBLAST
May 11, 2010, 03:31 PM
Just kill the damn thing... shotgun + bird shot = problem solved.